Saturday, October 4, 2008

Button Cupcakes


Last Friday, I got home from school and felt like doing some baking. I was looking through a cookbook that I got for my birthday and I found a recipe for some cute cupcakes. They are basic vanilla cupcake batter with a hershey kiss pressed into the middle. My friend was coming over and we both love "Wicked," so I decided to add some green colored sugar on the top. When my friend got to my house, the first thing we did was eat cupcakes. The picture below shows them before they went into the oven.

Button Cupcakes (from Honest Pretzels)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 stick butter
12 Hershey's Kisses

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar. Mix and make a dent in the center.
Put the eggs, milk, and vanilla to a bowl. 
Melt the butter and add it to the milk mixture. Whisk to combine. Pour this mixture into the dent in the flour mixture.
Beat with electric mixer on low speed for 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl in the middle.
Divide the batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups.
Put a Hershey's Kiss, pointing down, into the center of each cupcake. Push it down, but not so far that you can't see the top anymore. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before eating.


No comments: