Saturday, July 4, 2009

Teddie's Apple Cake


So a few weeks ago, my mom calls me and says that she just ate the best cake in her life. She told me it was called Teddie's Apple Cake. I said I would try to find the recipe. I googled it, and, sure enough, there it was. I looked at it - not one that I might decide to try, just because it seemed so ordinary. Boy, was I wrong. But my mom had said that it was the best - so I made it. Oh. My. God. SO GOOD! Seriously, go make this cake right now. Right now. DO IT!


Teddie's Apple Cake

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups peeled, cored and thickly sliced apples
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins (optional, but put them in!)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour a nine-inch angel-food tube pan.
Beat the oil and sugar together in electric mixer until well blended and smooth. If you have a stand mixer, do this while doing the next step.
Sift together the flour, salt, cinnamon and soda.
Add the eggs and vanilla to the oil and sugar, and beat until the mixture is creamy.
Stir the dry ingredients into the batter. 
Add the apples, walnuts, and raisins, and stir to blend. 
Turn the mixture into the angel-food pan. Bake one hour and 15 minutes or until done.
Cool in the pan before turning out. 
Serve at room temperature.

Don't be worried when you notice that the outside is hard and dry. The inside will be extremely moist and yummy, and when you it, you won't notice the outside. I promise!

Go make it! I said go make it! NOW! You won't be disappointed. Go!


No comments: