Friday, January 1, 2010

TWD: Low and Lush Chocolate Cheesecake

Happy New Year! This week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was chosen by The Tea Lady of Tea and Scones. She chose the Low and Lush Chocolate Cheesecake (this week we are allowed to post whenever we want, due to the holidays). I was excited for this one, because we all love cheesecake at my house. Adding chocolate? Even better!
We just got home at 2 am today, and since I'm now used to cooking in my aunt's house, where we were staying, I wanted something simple. And as Dorie says in the book, this cheesecake is "push-button easy". It starts with a graham cracker crust. Then you put cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, salt, eggs, and melted bittersweet chocolate in a food processor, put it in the crust, and bake it for about 40 minutes. It is supposed to stay in the fridge for eight hours after cooling to room temperature, but mine had to go in the freezer for twenty minutes and in the fridge for about three hours. But, it worked out fine. Everybody loved it, and I really recommend this one! If you want the recipe, you can buy the book or find it here. Enjoy!


1 comment:

TeaLady said...

Your cheesecake looks great. It was easy.

Thanks for baking with me this week. Glad you liked it.