Monday, June 3, 2013

Whipped White Chocolate Ganache

Finalsfinalsfinalsfinals. That's just about what's going through everyone's head at my school right now - it seems like AP exams just ended and now we have to take our finals! Luckily, this time around none of mine are too bad, so I don't have to be studying all the time. I wanted to share this cake that I made back in April, which I have put off sharing mainly out of vanity (on behalf of my pictures) - see the picture of the full cake below.
When I was in Brazil, it was around midnight when my cousin realized that the next day was her friend's birthday, and we knew we had to make her a cake. Her favorite is white chocolate, so I decided to go with my go-to yellow cake, with a light white chocolate frosting. The problem was that we were at my grandma's house, who doesn't ever make layer cakes - so we had to make do with piping "Parabéns!" ("Happy Birthday!") out of chocolate syrup. Oh well...
This is really just ganache that has been whipped after being chilled. I had no idea it would be so delicious! It's light and fluffy, almost like a white-chocolate-flavored whipped cream (which I guess it is, but nevermind...). It's so easy to spread, and it pairs perfectly with the light vanilla flavor in the cake.
Enjoy!
my chocolate syrup piping...
Whipped White Chocolate Ganache
(adapted from Food.com)

6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
2 cups heavy cream

Have the white chocolate ready in a medium bowl of a stand mixer.
In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream until boiling. Pour over the white chocolate and let stand for 30 seconds.
Stir in concentric circles, from the outside in and then the inside out, until the chocolate is completely melted. Cool in the fridge until cold.
Beat on high speed with the mixer until light and fluffy. Be careful not to over-beat.

No comments: