Saturday, June 23, 2012

TWD Rewind: Flip-Over Plum Cake

I'm having a dilemma. Inside my head (very intense). Help me out here.
I can't decide what season is better for baking. Oh I know, this is extremely intense. On the one hand, I love fall. Pumpkin, cranberries, and apples are amazing in cakes and pies. But on the other hand, look at all the summer treats being posted all over the internet - peach cobblers, raspberry bars, and strawberry cakes are all light and delicious. I think as long as I have this plum cake around, the dilemma will have to be solved in the fall...
This cake is great. It is buttery and crumbly, with a nice contrast between sweet cake and tart fruit. I couldn't find plums on the day I made it, so I used pluots, a cross between a plum and an apricot. It worked out well, but they are more sour than plums and I think the original recipe would be even more delicious. I guess I'll just have to try it again, no? ;)
The recipe, as always, can be found in Baking from My Home to Yours. Enjoy! <3

No comments: