Saturday, June 16, 2012

TWD Rewind: Corniest Corn Muffins

You might have noticed that I've been baking a lot of TWD rewinds recently. I've sort of gotten back into it, and have set a kind of insane goal to finish my rewind list by September. I can't realistically see that happening, because my list of "to-bake" recipes is longer than my list of already-made recipes, but I've been having fun baking the recipes I've seen people write about but missed out on making myself.
Last week, I decided to make the Corniest Corn Muffins. I've made the other corn muffin recipe in the book before, but this one seemed more my style: it's sweeter and something I would like to have for breakfast. The batter for these is easy to whip up and takes fresh corn, something I had never put in cornbread before! I discovered it's actually a nice addition.
When I took these out of the oven, they looked really yummy. Still warm, they were corn-y and delicious. After a couple of hours (when I took the picture), they became kind of sad-looking, in addition to losing the crispiness to their tops. After that, they just weren't very good - even warmed up for breakfast, they were fine, but nothing special. We ended up throwing away most of the batch, which doesn't happen very often around here!
Overall, probably not one I'll make again. I'm still looking for a great corn muffin recipe - do you have any favorites? If you want to try this one out, the recipe can be found in Baking From My Home To Yours.
<3

No comments: