Sunday, August 25, 2013

TWD Rewind: Cheese and Tomato Galette

 For a while now, I've been trying to get back into Tuesdays with Dorie. It can be annoying at times, often having other people choose what I should bake this week, but ultimately I find that it makes me try new techniques and recipes that I wouldn't have attempted otherwise. So, while I try to catch up, here's an old recipe I missed a few months back!
 Sometimes, the group's chosen recipes can even turn out to be unexpected favorites. Like this galette.
 I made it expecting something kind of boring - like a classed-up pizza. It turned out to be absolutely delicious - I made the crust with white whole-wheat flour, which made it a little more substantial, and it has a lovely crunch from the cornmeal in it. The cheeses mix together really well, and pair perfectly with ripe summer tomatoes.
 It's perfect for a summery lunch or a light dinner alongside a salad, and it will definitely be made all the time!
As always, the recipe can be found in Baking with Julia, or here.
Enjoy!

No comments: