Tuesday, September 8, 2009

TWD: Chocolate Souffle


First of all, excuse the bad photography. The souffle was hot and we wanted to eat it, but it was sinking before my very eyes :D
Second, this is my first official Tuesdays With Dorie post that isn't a rewind! Susan of She's Becoming Doughmesstic chose this week's recipe. It is surprisingly easy; lots of people think that souffle is going to be hard to make, which is what I thought. You are supposed to bake this in a 6-7 cup souffle mold, but I didn't want to have 6 cups of chocolate, eggs and sugar lying around, so I made 1/4 of the recipe and baked it in one individual ramekin. It worked out great! The only problem is that the second you take it out of the oven, it starts to sink, so you really have to eat it piping hot. But it's delicious! Definitely a keeper recipe. But, now that I think about it, I haven't tried a recipe from Baking from my Home to Yours that isn't a keeper. 
As always, if you want the recipe, buy the book. Or you can find the recipe here.

No comments: