Monday, December 21, 2009

TWD: My Favorite Pecan Pie

This week's Tuesdays With Dorie recipe was chosen by Beth of Someone's in the Kitchen with Brina. She chose the only pecan pie recipe in the book. This week and next week, due to the holidays, we are allowed to post any time in the week we want. I had been wanting to make this one for a long time, so when it was announced for this week, I decided to make it for Thanksgiving. It was easy to make, and I liked it. My mom, who loves pecan pie, said that it was a bit too rich for her, with all the chocolate. It also stuck to the pie plate (as you can see below), even though I had buttered it. All in all, probably not one I'll make again, but it was fun to try. If you want to try it for yourself, you can buy the book or find it on Beth's blog later this week. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

It does look quite decadent. I didn't get to bake along this week. Just too busy finishing my Christmas list. :o)

Sophia said...

Pamela - it was, a bit too much I think! Merry Christmas :)