Tuesday, December 1, 2009

TWD Rewind: Savory Corn and Pepper Muffins. Sort of.

I decided to make cornbread for Thanksgiving, but I had never made it before. I went straight to Dorie, of course. The only recipe she has is for savory corn bread muffins with jalapenos. Spicy! Since nobody at the Thanksgiving table liked savory (or spicy) cornbread, I went with what Dorie suggested in the "Playing Around" section. You leave out the cilantro, jalapenos, black pepper, and red peppers, and you (of course!) increase the sugar to 1/4 cup. They were sweet enough for our tastes, but not overly so. I wasn't a huge fan, because I thought they were very dry. Everybody else seemed to like them, though, so I guess they weren't too bad. All in all, not a recipe I'll make again, but I can cross it off my "Still have to make as TWD rewinds" list. :D However, if you do like spicy cornbread, this might be a good one for you.
If you want the recipe, you can buy the book or find it here. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Looks good! I remember the spicy version and we really liked them.