Saturday, December 12, 2009

TWD Rewind: Brownie Buttons

Let me start off by saying that Tuesday's TWD recipe is coming. Tomorrow. Sorry! I have been so busy, I haven't baked anything since the cherry pie. I know, unbelievable. But last night I had a rehearsal for christmas caroling, and I only had a couple of hours, so I made these. I have been wanting to make them for a long time. I didn't have any oranges, so I didn't put in the optional orange zest. I also didn't have any white chocolate, so I melted some candy melts. However, I overheated them a bit, so I couldn't dip the brownies in them. I spread them on like icing and put on some sprinkles, and it worked great. However, when we tried to unwrap them, the paper stuck and was really hard to get off. BUT, they tasted wonderful. They were chewy but not fudgey, and the white chocolate topped it off. I recommend making these, but don't use paper cups. If you want the recipe, you can buy the book or find it here. Enjoy!

No comments: